After spending all day in this Louisiana heat, once I get home all that I can think about is unwinding and spending the rest of my evening relaxing in my comfy pjs and reading a good book.
To begin, I’ll usually light a few candles throughout the house and burn some incense. I like to always take at least two candles into the bathroom with me since I bathe using only the natural light illuminating from the candles. I find this to be quite soothing. My favorite candles at the moment are by Scentsational in the scent Amber & Vanilla and Essential Home’s Jasmine Vanilla. I can’t begin to describe just how heavenly these two candles smell, especially when the two of them are combined. The combination of jasmine, honeysuckle, and vanilla is quite sensual and relaxing. It’s a perfect mixture of aromas to achieve a stress free mood.
I like to keep my bath waters healing and rejuvenating, so most times I’ll create my own bath salts to soak in. My go to mix is a combination of pink Himalayan salt, Epson salt, lavender oil, and tea tree oil. Each of the items that I use in my bath possess certain unique healing properties. I’ll list them for you guys down below and where you can find them.
- The detox effect of a sole (brine) bath is equivalent to that of a 3 day fast!
- Contains over 84 minerals and elements and is known as the purest salt on earth.
- Reduces acidity and inflammation in your body and balances the pH of your skin.
- Produces spiritual and mental balance, lightens depression and negativity, regulates sleep, relieves stress and restores all around harmony.
- Helps reduce inflammation of sprains, strains of muscles and joints, relieves pain and soreness from broken bones, arthritis and rheumatism, osteoarthritis, tendinitis.
- Stimulates circulation, promotes cellular regeneration and moisture retention in dry, irritated skin. Helps heal various skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, allergic and recurrent infections, insect bites, blisters and provides relief from poison ivy, oak or sumac.
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
- Melaleuca Oil is naturally antiseptic, which means it has the power to reduce the likelihood of infection.
- The oil is naturally soothing. It helps alleviate the itchiness and pain associated with bug bites, bee stings, cuts, scrapes, splinters, minor wounds, and other skin irritations.
- The oil is safely penetrating. It has the power to deliver fast, deep, soothing relief right at the source of discomfort.
- It is non-caustic, which means it is gentle enough to not cause any burning, corrosion, or other harmful chemical reactions.
- Melaleuca oil is an effective solvent. It safely dissolves all sorts of substance like dirt, gum, resins, and more.
- It is pleasantly aromatic. Its pleasing, natural fragrance helps refresh the senses.
- Reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Heals burns and wounds
- Improves sleep
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Alleviates headaches
As you can see I take my nightly rituals very seriously. This combination is the perfect added boost for that much needed pick me up to combat Louisiana’s high heat and humidity. Plus you also get to detox at the same time. That’s always a plus in my book.
*** If you are planning on incorporating this into your nightly ritual as a means of detoxing, please sure to keep you a glass/bottle of water on hand near the tub as you soak. Depending on how hot you like your bath water, the combination of salts will cause you to sweat as a means of releasing toxins. It is important to stay well hydrated and soak no longer than 20 minutes.
DIY Relaxing Bath Recipes to Try
- Peach Passion Bath Salts
- Romantic Rose and Ylang Ylang Bath Salts
- Soothing Floral Bath Salts
- Luxurious Lavender Bath Salt
- Rosemary Chamomile Bath Salts
A Few of My Favorite Things
Scentsational Candles The Amber Vanilla candle is no longer available, but this is the link to another one of their candles that smells just as amazing!!!
Goose Creek’s Essential Home Candle The honeysuckle vanilla candle is also unavailable at this time, but their honeysuckle candles is available if you are interested. Just click on the link and you will be redirected to their site.
The Green Tree Incense Sticks Anyone who knows me knows how much I love incense and these right here happen to be my absolute fav!!!! The intoxicating aroma quickly fills your home with the cleansing power of California White Sage, which is an instant mood booster. This is my go to incense whenever I’m doing any form of cleansing and is a must have for any home to give it a warm and inviting atmosphere.